RT @joedowntownlv: today we talk about the private guardianship system in NV–and some unreal stories of abuse w/in the system. New Yorker’s @RachelAviv & @woodrumlaw & others join us. We’re taking your calls as well 702-258-3552
Join us on November 18th as we discuss strategies for making League more effective at organizational fellowship and outreach.
Some specific topics will be:
- Helping our Native community change offensive school mascots
- Championing behavioral health and wellness
- Being supportive allies for our LGBTQIA community
- Adopting culturally sensitive approaches to voter registration & civics education.
Information from the October 21st LWVSN Meeting
Election Poll Worker Flyer—please share this with anyone who might be interested.
Here is the PDF version: Election Workers for 2018 Flyer
- PDF Summary of the Election & Voting Information from our meeting
Click Here: Voting & Election Information Update 10-2017
You can view a video demonstration of the new election & voting equipment here:
Join LWVSN on October 21st at 9am for our Community Meeting.
All are welcome to attend!
The Clark County Election Department will be offering a demonstration of our new voting equipment and information about vote centers.
You’ll get hands-on experience with Poll Books and our new voting machines through this mock election demonstration.
NEW! We will also be live-streaming through our Facebook page during the meeting. Just log into our Facebook page at 10am on Saturday Oct. 21st to join us!
Like us on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/LWVSN/
If you aren’t a League of Women Voters member, please consider joining today: http://lwvsn.org/membership.html
The Nevada Department of Transportation is currently updating it’s Long Range Transportation Plan and so needs our feedback. Please make your voice heard by completing NDOT’s public survey: http://onenvplan.com/surveys/
The plan process includes the development of specific goals and objectives. In general, the One NV Transportation Plan aims to:
- Identify, track and report transportation performance measures to decision makers and the public
- Make more informed and transparent project decisions across NDOT’s entire program
- Improve project prioritization and project certainty
- Create a lasting collaborative process to ensure the plan continuously moves Nevada towards achieving statewide goals while also adapting to new developments
Thank you to everyone who attended our League of Women Voters of Southern Nevada fall 2017 kickoff meeting!
We did a double-header this year with a presentation from the Regional Transportation System (RTC). The RTC has some big plans in store for the valley, so please keep informed and take the transportation planning survey by going to this website: http://www.onboardsnv.com/
We also spent some time talking about K12 funding and the very complex issues of funding sufficiency and accountability. If you are worried about education in Nevada, League will keep you engaged and informed!
Stay tuned and join the League! http://lwvsn.org/membership.html